Originally from England, Viki Carter moved to the US thirteen years ago with her husband, Andy and youngest son, Tim. They lived in Acton, about 2 miles from Amerscot House Inn, before moving to Connecticut in 2004. Andy's appointment as CTO of a Massachusetts-based company in 2008 enabled the family to return to the area and fulfill the next part of their dream - to run a country inn! Andy now runs his own consulting company and is usually on-hand to help with breakfasts in the morning, which makes for a very happy Viki and a much smoother breakfast service!
Viki comes from a family of innkeepers. Her mother ran a bed & breakfast in Dorset, England for many years and her sister has an award-winning country hotel in Cornwall - www.woodlands-padstow.co.uk. Viki loves receiving guests in the newly refurbished Amerscot House Inn, where the charm of the old house is undiminished by the addition of modern amenities and where a warm welcome awaits.
Inn amenities - everything is complimentary, we do not charge for 'extras'
- Extensive common areas for the exclusive use of guests - sitting room, dining room, screened porch, sunroom
- Nearly three acres of gardens, woodlands and meadow
- Comfortable sofa and armchairs in front of working 18th century fireplace
- Bistro tables and chairs in various locations for casual eating, drinking & chatting
- Antique furniture
- Original artwork
- Fresh flowers
- Complimentary Laundry Bag
- Books, magazines and games
- New York Times and Boston Globe newspapers
- Index of cards with driving directions to restaurants & places of interest
- Sample Menus from local restaurants and take-outs
- Maps, leaflets and information on local attractions and sights
- Guest refrigerator with sodas, juices, wine and local & craft beers
- Keurig coffee machine
- Extensive selection of teas and hot chocolates
- Homemade and packaged cookies and snacks
- Fresh fruit
- Use of fax machine
- Computer and printer with high-speed internet access
- WiFi throughout the inn